Hosts: Carmen Agouridis, Ph.D., P.E., M.P.P., Extension Associate Professor, Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering Department, University of Kentucky and Amanda Gumbert, Ph.D., Extension Specialist for Water Quality, University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
Guest: Chris Dent, Dent Civil Engineering, LLC (formerly Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government)
Episode 18: Low Impact Development
In this episode, Carmen joins Chris Dent at the Ronald McDonald House to discuss low impact development and green infrastructure and how these practices can ameliorate some of the impacts of stormwater. Learn how development impacts soils and hence infiltration rates, types of permeable pavements, and the importance of maintenance in extending the life of these green infrastructure practices.
Episode Transcript: Click here to access the episode transcript which includes links.
Explore More: Want to learn more about low impact development and green infrastructure practices?
- Managing Stormwater Using Low Impact Development (LID) Techniques (AEN-118)
- Stormwater Wetlands (ID-215)
- Permeable Pavement for Stormwater Management (AEN-108)
- Reducing Stormwater Pollution (AEN-106)
- UK Watershed Protection and Restoration (multiple videos)
- Stormwater Quality Projects Incentive Grant Program (Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government)