Guest: Lou Hirsch, Ph.D., Lecturer and Director of Undergraduate Studies in Agricultural and Medical Biotechnology, Plant Pathology Department, University of Kentucky & Brian Volland, Agriculture Communications Specialist, University of Kentucky.
Episode 34: Scuba in KY?! Part 3 of 3
In this episode, Amanda joins Lou Hirsch to wrap up their discussion on scuba and some of the ecological aspects of underwater environments that scuba can reveal. They also discuss the value of outdoor recreation and getting to know nature first hand. Explore some of our additional resources for ideas on outdoor recreation.
Episode Transcript: Click here to access the episode transcript which includes links.
Explore More: Want to learn more about scuba in Kentucky and other topics that we discussed in this episode?
- Outdoor Recreation Guidelines During Coronavirus Outbreak (CDC)
- University of Kentucky Outdoor Pursuits
- Socially Distancing Responsibly in the Outdoors (NOLS)
- What Coronavirus Means for Outdoor Recreation (American Trails)
- Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort (KET)
- Learn to Scuba (PADI)
- Advanced Open Water Diver Course (PADI)
- Laurel Lake (KY Tourism)
- Dale Hollow Lake (KY Tourism)
- Diving at the Outer Banks
- New Horizons Diving
- Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI)
- Discover Scuba at University of Kentucky
- UK KHP Life Fitness Program (with link to scuba program)
Photo Credits: New Horizons Diving and Emily Talbot