Hosts: Carmen Agouridis, Ph.D., P.E., M.P.P., Extension Associate Professor, Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering Department, University of Kentucky and Amanda Gumbert, Ph.D., Extension Specialist for Water Quality, University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
Guest: Jennifer Carey, Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government, Division of Water Quality, MS4/Water Quality Section Manager
Episode 16: Stormwater
In this episode, Carmen joins Jennifer Carey at Coldstream Park to discuss stormwater. Learn about stormwater and how its managed, what the Lexington is doing to protect stormwater quality, and how you can play a role in protecting our local environment.
Episode Transcript: Click here to access the episode transcript which includes links.
Explore More: Want to learn more about stormwater and what you can do to protect stormwater quality and receiving waterbodies?
- Stormwater (HENV-203)
- Reducing Stormwater Pollution (AEN-106)
- Managing Stormwater Using Low Impact Development (LID) Techniques (AEN-118)
- Keeping Trash Out of Streams (AEN-119)
- What is a Watershed? (HENV-204)
- UK Watershed Protection and Restoration (multiple videos)
- Backyard Streams (University of Kentucky)
- Stormwater Management (University of Kentucky)
- Stormwater and Storm Sewer System (Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government)
- Stormwater Quality Projects Incentive Grant Program (Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government)